Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hello sunshine!

Sometimes I am kindly reminded that I matter - my dear friend gave this to me yesterday - the smallest flower arrangement is what she calls it. The watering can it is in measures 2 inches. She whipped it up and gave it to me when she saw my riot of spring color that I was wearing yesterday. She deserves a brownie. Oh my, I am just baking some right now (grin).

Can the view get any better than this? I took my bike, my bag of knitting, a jar of ice tea and this is the view from my bench. It was the best hour I have spent in awhile. Yeah.


Rhubarb compote, on the stove, made from freshly harvested rhubarb from a neighbor's field. I could live on this. Maybe this weekend I just will. Fruit and brownies - that is a balanced meal, right?

It is such a joy to see new visitors to the ole blog here - what a joy you all are - you know that, right? Have an ice tea today, or a good hot cuppa, if need be, and we will pretend to have a virtual tea party - just you, me and a handful of brownies...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. ooh those brownies sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and scoop a little rhubarb compote on top of the brownie...oh, and maybe a scoop of ice cream...I'll stay a while :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, rhubarb reminds me of my grandpa.
    An brownies remind me that didn't work out today like I promised myself I would.

    Your blog is a little bit adorable. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you! I am definitely accepting your invitation - brownies, what a joy! AND rhubarb!! It reminds me of my childhood - my mom used to make it just right, delightfully tart - and we gleefully called it slimey pudding and it was great. I have never made it myself though - I never see rhubarb in our grocery stores ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do matter Lady P! Always know this. And you have created a great group of people around you who always want to see you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful flower arrangement! :) You're very lucky to have a friend to send you some flowers just so you knew they cared and you do matter :) I am currently feeling like I don't matter, but I guess I do matter somewhere, to someone? But either way, I love looking at your pretty flowers. I hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you talk to me = really, I'm not being the least bit funny!